The DES PTC promotes family and staff involvement to enrich the education of our children. We are not a fundraising group. We collect funds through Box Tops, Campbell soup labels, milk caps, and diner cards. We hold many activities throughout the year such as movie nights, barn dance, book fairs, and an auction.
Monday, April 13, 2015
o Preliminary Numbers:
- Revenue $7,869.92
- Expenses are $701.02. We still have to purchase games for the Classroom Fun Day package and snacks for the Classroom Snack Attack.
- Profit is $7,168.90.
o 2014 auction profit was $6,811.
o Online auction was a success. We had a lot of compliments about it.
- A few people indicated that they thought the online auction was confusing as they couldn’t tell which items were strictly silent auction items.
o We only had 6 surveys turned in from the live auction.
o This will take place May 4-8th.
o PTC will provide coffee, donuts, juice, and milk on Monday. Julie Olson will take care of picking items up.
o PTC will provide ice cream treats on Wednesday. Julie Olson will take care of picking items up.
o Luncheon will take place on Friday from 11a-1p. Jackie Boley will take care of the details.
o A note home to parents will go out on April 24th asking for donations such as desserts, salads, etc., for the luncheon.
o Favorite Guy will be held on April 23rd
o Favorite Gal will be held on May 7th
o PTC will sponsor snacks for this event. Julie Olson will let Erika Brunson know.
o Will be held on Tuesday, June 2nd.
o Julie Olson will get pricing from Fun Time Bounce House.
o Julie Olson will check with Mrs. Piper about volunteers for this event.
- Suggestions from last year’s Spirit Day:
- Something different than the Twister inflatable
- More shade areas – tent canopies?
- Have water game on the black top – Maybe do bubbles, then water game, and then snack
- Have Germ-X available
o Two teachers retiring this year: Cherie Ganser and Dianne Rock. Need to get gift cards/baskets for them.
Next Meeting: Monday, May 4, 2015, at 6:30 p.m.