DES Parent Teacher Circle Meeting Minutes
The DES PTC promotes family and staff involvement to enrich the education of our children. We are not a fundraising group. We collect funds through Box Tops, Campbell soup labels, milk caps, and diner cards. We hold many activities throughout the year such as movie nights, barn dance, book fairs, and an auction.
Monday, March 2, 2015
- Book Fair
- Was held during Parent-Teacher Conferences on February 19 and February 24.
- Final numbers were $5,219.96 in sales.
- PTC agreed to take the $1,304.99 in cash instead of the Scholastic dollars.
- We still have about $3,000 in Scholastic dollars in the account.
- We may offer Scholastic dollars to the teachers that helped out at PTC events during the year. We will discuss at a later date.
- Box Tops, Etc.
- We have four people that emailed that they were willing to help out with Box Tops, Labels for Education, milk caps, and the cell phones and ink cartridges.
- Julie Olson asked Bob & Sara Jones to provide logins, passwords, and instructions for processing the Box Tops, Labels for Education, etc. As soon as we receive this information, it will be passed on to the new volunteers.
- The volunteers will only need to prepare the paperwork and ship the packages.
- Tax-Exempt Status
- No Tax ID yet. Check hasn’t cleared.
- DES Sweatshirts & T-Shirts
- We will have these available at the auction for purchase.
- We will send out an order form the week after Spring Break time.
- DES Auction in March
- The Silent Auction started on March 1, 2015, and has been going really well for the two days. We have already raised $1414.74 as of 6:00 p.m.
- Silent Auction will go until noon on Tuesday, March 10th.
- The Live Auction will be held on March 14, 2015.
- We are short a few volunteers for the live auction but we should be okay with our group that will be there as well as our kids that will be there.
Next Meeting: Monday, April 6, 2015, at 6:30 p.m.