The DES PTC promotes family and staff involvement to enrich the education of our children. We are not a fundraising group. We collect funds through Box Tops, Campbell soup labels, milk caps, and diner cards. We hold many activities throughout the year such as movie nights, barn dance, book fairs, and an auction.
Monday, December 1, 2014
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Mrs. Schreck will check with the school office on the dates for Parent-Teacher Conferences. She will send an email with dates.
- Books for School
o Mrs. Piper purchased 553 books for a total of $1,057.
o Julie Olson will get a check to Mrs. Piper for reimbursement.
- Box Tops
- A Box Tops form was sent home with each student in December.
- We received a check for $2,118.99.
- Bob & Sara Jones will be stepping down after this year. Bob & Sara will continue to take care of these through the end of this school year; however, they would like to start transitioning these tasks to others. We will send a note via Infinite Campus and the school newsletter asking for volunteers. If we don’t get any volunteers, an option would be to take time during our meetings to do this.
- Box Tops – Receive bags of box tops already counted from Sara Godfrey. Need to fill out paperwork and send in twice a year.
- Milk Caps – Chris James sorts out the milk caps, counts them out, and places them in Ziploc bags. Someone needs to pick the milk caps up, complete the paperwork, and send them in.
- Labels for Education – Grab the labels from the bins inside the front door near the music room. Julie Olson will also check with Sara Godfrey to see if she does something with these as Bob mentioned that they don’t receive many of these. Julie Olson also mentioned possibly sending a reminder home to parents on what part of the soup label we need.
- Ink Cartridges & Cell Phones – Collect these from the bins inside the front door near the music room and sends these in.
- Discount Cards
- The office has been sending out discount cards as order forms come in.
- They have already sent out 25 cards. Julie Olson gave them another pack of 25.
- Tax-Exempt Status
- Jackie Boley indicated that we should have the Tax ID number within a week. They are going to call her with the number.
- DES Sweatshirts & T-Shirts
- Julie Olson will ask Tom Harman / Brooke Oleson to include an order form on the website.
- We have a pretty good stock in the PTC storage room.
- We will have these available at the auction for purchase.
- Maybe send out an order form around Spring Break time or field trip time.
· DES Auction in March
- The auction will be held on March 14, 2015.
- A “Save the Date / Parent Donation Request” flyer will go home with students in January.
- The absentee bid form will list that a maximum bid amount has to be entered or the absentee bid will be disqualified.
- Julie Olson will request the Pizza for a Year from Pizza Hut, will talk to Bob at Bob’s Bitchin’ BBQ, and will talk to Kozelka & Wall.
- We will provide an auction volunteer sign-up sheet to each of the 2nd Grade teachers prior to Parent-Teacher Conferences. We are hoping that they can get some parents to sign up during conferences.
· Book Fair
o Will be held during Parent-Teacher Conferences.
o Ann McDonald needs to let Scholastic know the dates.
o Ann will work with the librarian and the 3rd Grade classrooms for help.
o We still have about $2,800-$3,000 in the Scholastic account.
Next Meeting: Monday, February 2nd, 2015, at 6:30 p.m.