DES Parent Teacher Circle Meeting Minutes
The DES PTC promotes family and staff involvement to enrich the education of our children. We are not a fundraising group. We collect funds through Box Tops, Campbell soup labels, milk caps, and diner cards. We hold many activities throughout the year such as movie nights, barn dance, book fairs, and an auction.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
§ Live Auction
- Was held on March 15, 2014
- Profit $6,811
- Next Year’s Auction will be held on March 14, 2015.
· Staff Appreciation Week – May 5-9, 2014
- The staff luncheon will take place on Wednesday, May 7th from roughly 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- As in the past we will probably provide donuts, milk and juice on Tuesday and ice cream treats on Friday for the staff.
· Spirit Day
- This event will be held on Tuesday, June 3rd
- Julie Olson received pricing from a new company (Fun Time Bounce House out of Sun Prairie, WI), that provides inflatables. We can get 5 items for roughly $1,300
· Scholastic Dollars
- $8,800 is what we have in Scholastic Dollars to date
- We will provide the teachers who volunteered during events this past school year $200-$300 in Scholastic Dollars to use how they wish.
- Family Read In
- The group voted not to host Family Read In this year.
- Books for Every Student
- We will send a book home with every student prior to spring break and at Spirit Day.
- Ann McDonald will look to see what we still have available.
- May need to use some Scholastic Dollars to purchase new books or purchase books from Books 4 Schools which is located in Madison.
- Playground Equipment
- The new playground equipment will be ordered. This is the Phase 2 part of the plans we were given last year.
- Julie Olson will order balls and jump ropes for each class using the Campbell Soup points. Ann McDonald will notify Sarah Godfrey that Julie will place the order.
- Box Tops
- A reminder will be sent home to families to remind them to submit Box Tops.
- Tax Exempt Status
- DES PTC will fill out the paperwork to become tax exempt since we will no longer be allowed to use the school’s tax exempt number to receive donations for the auction.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 14th at 6:30 p.m.