DES Parent Teacher Circle Meeting Minutes
The DES PTC promotes family and staff involvement to enrich the education of our children. We are not a fundraising group. We collect funds through Box Tops, Campbell soup labels, milk caps, and diner cards. We hold many activities throughout the year such as movie nights, barn dance, book fairs, and an auction.
Monday, May 4, 2015
- Staff Appreciation – Week of May 4th
- Donuts, coffee, juice, and milk were provided to the staff.
- Ice cream treats will be available for the staff on Wednesday.
- Luncheon will take place on Friday from 11a-1p. Serving brats and chicken.
- A note was sent home to parents asking for donations such as desserts, salads, etc., for the luncheon.
- Favorite Gal Night
- Favorite Gal will be held on May 7th
- PTC will sponsor snacks for this event.
- Spirit Day
- Will be held on Tuesday, June 2nd.
- We will be able to get about 5 items for $1500 from Fun Time Bounce House (obstacle course, mega slide, world sports game, bounce house, and one other item).
- The school office will solicit volunteers.
- Two teachers retiring this year: Cherie Ganser and Dianne Rock. Need to get gift cards/baskets for them.
- Game Cart
- Mrs. Piper asked if the PTC could look at the possibility of an additional cart for games and new games.
- It was mentioned to look at Hasbro to see if they have any deals on games and a cart.
- It was suggested that we add coloring books and colors to the game cart as well.
- Playground Equipment
- Mrs. Piper suggested that we use the auction money to purchase Buddy Benches.
- Check out http://buddybench.org.
- These benches range in price from $253-$527 depending on length and type of bench.
- Gerber Leisure
- They have a 92” buddy bench for $275.
- Deb Stodola will contact the high school to see if they would be willing to make a buddy bench.
- Mrs. Schreck will check with the teachers who have handicap children in their classes and ask if they have ideas for handicap-accessible equipment for the playground.
- Julie Olson will ask Gerber Leisure to get us some pricing and give us a couple of options to look at to add onto the playground equipment we currently have.
Next Meeting: Monday, June 1, 2015, at 6:30 p.m.