DES Parent Teacher Circle Meeting Minutes
The DES PTC promotes family and staff involvement to enrich the education of our children. We are not a fundraising group. We collect funds through Box Tops, Campbell soup labels, milk caps, and diner cards. We hold many activities throughout the year such as movie nights, barn dance, book fairs, and an auction.
Monday, June 1, 2015
- Staff Appreciation – Week of May 4th
o Was very successful.
o Had plenty of volunteers and food donations
Favorite Ga/Guy Night
o PTC will order the food next year.
o Will be held on Tuesday, June 2nd.
o Bounce Houses will be delivered at 6:00 a.m.
o Two teachers retiring this year: Cherie Ganser and Dianne Rock. Gifts have been purchased.
- Game Cart
- We are waiting for a response on the dollar amount from Mrs. Piper.
- Playground Equipment
- Tom DeLain and his class have made 2 buddy benches for DES.
- Cost was $87.87
- Benches need to be picked up from the high school. Julie Olson will check with Brad Godfrey to see if someone could pick them up.
- Benches need to be painted. Deb Stodola will send an email to Monica Kmak to see if she would be willing to put a creative touch to the benches. May Monica could get some students during summer school to help.
- Jackie Boley mentioned that an Eagle Scout and some Cub Scouts could do two additional benches. Jackie will coordinate this.
- Handicap-Accessible Equipment
- Aprile Schreck talked to Kathy about handicap-accessible equipment and what the PTC was suggesting. Kathy thought that was a great idea.
- Julie Olson will ask Gerber Leisure to price a couple of handicap-accessible pieces that we picked out. (Navigator Reach Panel)
- These items would need to be placed closer to the school and blacktop.
- Other playground equipment
- Gerber Leisure provided a proposal for two additional pieces of equipment to build onto our newer existing equipment on the hill.
- Circular Horizontal Ladder $9,145 and Rush Slide $7,940
- Gerber Leisure also quoted prices for their buddy benches: Arch Back $1,675 and Kaleidoscope $1,710
- Julie Olson will ask Gerber when they come out to look at the space for the handicap-accessible equipment to look at our space on the hill again and to provide another couple of options on what we could add on.
- School Garden
- Three planters have been set up. Mr. Stodola’s 4th grade class was planting seeds today.
- Mr. Stodola is asking for an additional $100 to plant one additional planter as they still have enough dirt to do one more.
- PTC group approved $100.
- Summer Reading Program
- PTC approved about $1,000 in books for Judy Campbell for this program through Scholastic.
- Next Meetings
- Monday, July 6, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. at Harris Park
- Monday, August 3, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. at Harris Park